10 Reasons To Love The Cosmopolitan
Editor’s Note: Think you know all there is to know about Las Vegas? Read our Vegas series this week as we celebrate a city that continues to reinvent itself year after year.
I’ll admit it: I’m not normally a Vegas person. It’s scandalous, I know, but there it is. Recently, however, I found myself visiting for work twice in a two week period, and on both trips I had the time of my life. Why? Well, it all had to do with where I was staying: The Cosmopolitan is the Strip’s newest (and arguably most glamorous) kid on the block, and turns out it can convert even a Vegas-neutral person like myself into the city’s biggest fan. Why? Well, here are ten reasons it rocks.
1. The rooms are amazing. No really, they are. Don’t believe me? Here’s a snapshot of our one bedroom suite. I’m pretty sure it’s not an exaggeration to say it’s bigger than my apartment.
2. The bathrooms ain’t too shabby either. Jetted tubs? Glass-enclosed showers? Dr. Bronner’s bath products? Yes, yes, and yes.
3. You can drink inside a huge chandelier. Yes, you read that right: grab a cocktail at the stunning Chandelier bar, which boasts three unique levels in which to sip your drink (a Cosmopolitan, of course) behind beaded curtains of light.
4. You can’t beat the location. Bang in the middle of the Strip, with easy access to the City Center shops and restaurants and great views of the Bellagio fountains, it’s right where you want to be.
5. The decor is super swanky. The minute you step into the The Cosmopolitan, it’s clear that this is a high-falutin’ place. The lobby features ever-changing digital art displays and iPads build into the check-in desks, the casino is as classy as they come, and even the closets are wallpaper with funky patterns. You can’t beat that attention to detail.
6. Most rooms have terraces. In a city where the majority of hotel room windows don’t even open, the Cosmopolitan boats spacious terraces equipped with comfy outdoor furniture for maximum lounging. Martini on the balcony? Hmm, don’t mind if I do.
7. The food is amazing. On New Year’s Eve, I had dinner at Estatorio Milos on the third floor of the hotel. Sitting at the table across from me? A bevy of A-list celebs, including Jay-Z, Beyonce, Gywneth Paltrow, and Cameron Diaz (hey, if it’s good enough for the stars, it’s good enough for me.) I’ve also grabbed a burger and shake at Holsteins, sampled amazing Chinese/Mexican fusion at China Poblano, and gorged myself at the (very reasonably priced) Wicked Spoon buffet. You will not leave The Cosmopolitan hungry.
8. There’s even a secret pizza place. I probably shouldn’t be spilling this, but you’ll find an unmarked pizza joint on the third floor that offers up the best thin-crust pies this side of Manhattan. A slice is $3, making it the best Vegas value in town! Just look for the long corridor lined with record covers and follow your nose.
9. There are three pools–each fancier than the next. What are you in the mood for: a laidback social scene with movies and cookouts? Lay down your towel at the Boulevard Pool. Want a little more privacy? Check out the Bamboo Pool, a spa-like retreat that hosts outdoor yoga sessions. And if you’re craving a lounge-like experience, the Day Club pool (complete with a party deck!) is right up your alley.
10. They’ve thought of everything. From overhead heat lamps in the taxi line to cute little “Hello” and “Goodbye” signs on the light switches by the front door, even the tiniest detail has been taken care of here. There’s no quicker way to feel like a VIP than to have your every whim catered to. Yep, I can certainly see myself coming back.
Want to book your own stay at The Cosmopolitan? Find great rates on Travelocity right here.