Four Ski Deals to Jump On
If you’ve made a New Year’s Resolution to be more active in 2013, then a ski vacation should be in your future! I tracked down four fantastic February ski deals at some of North America’s most popular mountains including Park City, Utah, Lake Tahoe, Telluride, and Banff National Park. I went on Fox & Friends First this morning to share these white hot packages as well as tips on how to lock in the cheapest ski vacation deals.
Hotel Madeline, Telluride, CO
The Deal: $1,276 per person for a 7-night flight and hotel vacation package
- Savings of $147/person by booking the flight + hotel as a package
- Luxury Mountain resort with ski-in/ski-out convenience, ski valet service and free 13 min Gondola ride to old town Telluride
- Skier’s paradise — for skiing, cross-country, heli-skiing snowmobiling, etc.
- Telluride Lift Ticket package for up to 7 days for $390
Kirkwood Resort, Kirkwood, CA (35 miles from Lake Tahoe)
The Deal: $991 per person for a 7-night flight and hotel vacation package in a slope side lodge room.
- Remote skiing with legendary dry, powdery conditions, known locally as the K-factor
- Kirkwood Mountain is a dramatic and raw landscape for your ski vacation, tucked away 35 miles from South Lake Tahoe
- Best value on ski package is the “Interchangeable Lift Ticket,” an all-in-one multi-day ticket that gets you access to seven resorts including Kirkwood ($358)
Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort, Park City, UT
The Deal: $1,063 per person for a 7-night flight and hotel vacation package
- Highlights include rooftop hot tub, boutique health club, steps from Gondola
- Check out The Farm restaurant next to the hotel that focuses on locally sourced ingredients from farms and artisans within 200 miles from Park City.
- 155 of 179 trails are open at Canyons
- 5-day lift ticket for The Canyons is about $300
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Lake Louise, Canada (Banff Area)
The Deal: $1263 per person for a 7-night flight and hotel vacation package; 25% savings off normal rates
- Located in the heart of Banff National Park and within a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Hotel has a Mountain Heritage program that guide guests on unique tours of Banff National Park, including cross-country skiing, snow-shoeing, Lake Louise after dark
- Ski lift rates vary per day, but a 5-day package ticket will run you about $400
* All of the deals are booked in February departing and returning on a Tuesday.