Five Romantic Things To Do in Paris
Quick, where’s the most romantic place in the world? You thought Paris, right? Good job, me too. And it’s not hard to see why: sharing a pain au chocolat in a cozy cafe? Picnicking on the banks of the Seine? Strolling hand in hand through the Louvre and canoodling at the top of the Eiffel Tower? They’re all activities for two.
So for your next getaway to the City of Love, here are a few great suggestions:
1. Get hot chocolate at Angelina. It will be the sweetest, creamiest, chocolatiet, naughtiest hot chocolate of your life and you will not regret it one tiny bit.
2. Check out the view from the top of the Pompidou Centre. It’s a great art gallery in its own right and you should browse to your heart’s content, but when you want to gaze out of the window instead of at the walls, head up to the top floor for a stunning vista of the Eiffel Tower.
3. Stay somewhere chic and feel like a celeb. Mama Shelter is Philippe Starck’s hip oasis in the 20th arondissement (bonus points: it’s a 10 minute walk to Pere La Chaise cemetery, if you feel like paying a visit to Edith Piaf, Jim Morrison, or Oscar Wilde.) Languish in your Frette linens-laden bed or pop down to the Chic Chic Bar in the lobby, which certainly lives up to its name (and then some.)
4. Looking for the ultimate Parisian crepe? You can’t go wrong at Breizh Cafe, where they use buckwheat flour and a butter from Brittany that you could quite happily eat by the stick. Make a reservation well in advance: the food might be humble but they fill up fast.
5. Climb to the top of the Sacre Coeur Basilica–even if it’s a rainy day, the architecture of the place is amazing. While you’re in Montmartre, wind your way through the snaking streets and stop off at Coquelicot for a perfect crusty baguette.