2005: Disney’s Magical Express Complimentary Airport Shuttle Service
Editor’s Note: This post is part 35 in a forty-part blog series in celebration of Walt Disney World Resort’s upcoming 40th Anniversary. Please welcome to The Window Seat Marc Lorenzo, Walt Disney World Moms Panel Guest Author.
In 2005, Disney’s Magical Express Service debuted at the Walt Disney World Resort, eliminating the hassle and additional expense for guests staying on Disney property to rent a car.
I have utilized the wonderful Walt Disney World Magical Express Service 14 times since 2007. Disney’s Magical Express Service provides transportation from Orlando International Airport to official Walt Disney World Resort hotels and back.
Here are my top ten reasons to use Disney’s Magic Express service:
1. Magical Express is a complimentary service if you are staying in a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.
2. If you take advantage of the Magical Express luggage delivery service, you don’t have to go to baggage claim to pick up your bags when you land.
3. Your bags will “magically” appear in your Walt Disney World Resort hotel room three to four hours after you land at the Orlando International Airport. The Magical Express luggage service is available if your flights arrive between 5:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
4. You don’t have to worry about directions from the Orlando International Airport to your Walt Disney World Resort, so you can leave your GPS at home.
5. You don’t have to rent a car to get you to your resort hotel! Don’t forget that during your vacation, you can utilize Disney provided transportation (from monorails to motorcoaches) to get around “The World,” so you can save money by not renting a car at all!
6. For many US airlines, Magical Express offers a resort Airline Check-In service for your departure after your Walt Disney World vacation is done. So you don’t have to lug all your heavy bags to the airport when you are going home!
7. There is an awesome video that plays on the Magical Express as you ride to your Walt Disney World Resort. I especially like the classic Disney cartoons at the end of the video.
8. The Magical Express Cast Members and bus drivers are friendly and helpful.
9. There is a bathroom on each Magical Express Bus.
10. It is a magical way to begin and end your Walt Disney World Resort vacation because you can sit back, relax and enjoy the ride!
MORE ARTICLES & TRAVEL DEALS
2004: Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa (The Window Seat Blog)
2003: Disney’s Pop Century Resort (The Window Seat)
2002: Disney Pin Traders Opens at Downtown Disney (The Window Seat)
From time to time, the Window Seat publishes articles and blog posts written by guest authors to give you a fresh perspective on the world of travel.